Форум TeamX
   Home   Members  
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian Version of the Fallout2 Restoration Project. Anyone want to help?  (Read 2474 times)
Dude101
Пользователь

Russian Version of the Fallout2 Restoration Project. Anyone want to help?
« on: 26 November 2009, 00:47:28 »

Killap has asked me a few times to help find people for this.  He really wants to release a Russian version, but we have no translators.  He has released it it many languages so far.  The next version will have allot more "restored" content.

Is anyone available to translate this project?

www.killap.net
« Last Edit: 27 November 2009, 12:14:34 by Wasteland Ghost »

RusTranslator
Re: Russian Version of the Fallout2 Restoration Project. Anyone want to help?
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2010, 03:18:45 »

Quote from: Dude101 on 26 November 2009, 00:47:28
Killap has asked me a few times to help find people for this.  He really wants to release a Russian version, but we have no translators.  He has released it it many languages so far.  The next version will have allot more "restored" content.

Is anyone available to translate this project?

www.killap.net

Howdy!
I can do this translation in no time if you want me to. When do you want it to be done and what the reward will be?)
Dude101
Пользователь

« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2010, 05:02:41 »

PM me your e-mail and I will put you in contact with Killap.  No reward.  I have spent 3 years writing for a mod, and may well have to live on the street this year.  The only reward for me is that people will enjoy my work, as I am eating out of a trash can.  That's good enough.

RusTranslator
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2010, 05:06:17 »

Quote from: Dude101 on 25 January 2010, 05:02:41
PM me your e-mail and I will put you in contact with Killap.  No reward.  I have spent 3 years writing for a mod, and may well have to live on the street this year.  The only reward for me is that people will enjoy my work, as I am eating out of a trash can.  That's good enough.

PM sent.I mailed you before. did you get it?
Dude101
Пользователь

« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2010, 05:11:24 »

Just checked my mail.  You offer a very reasonable deal.  I may well contact you at a later date for help, if / when things get better for me in RL.

RusTranslator
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2010, 05:16:07 »

Quote from: Dude101 on 25 January 2010, 05:11:24
Just checked my mail.  You offer a very reasonable deal.  I may well contact you at a later date for help, if / when things get better for me in RL.

Bearing in mind that you're, as you say, totally broke I can suggest doing it for free. Anyway, I've got nothing to do while looking for a job - language practice will take place  Веселый
Dude101
Пользователь

« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2010, 05:19:35 »

Thanks.  I will drop you an e-mail.

RusTranslator
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2010, 05:22:38 »

Ok. It's time for me to go to bed. 3.25 a.m. already. Keep me posted.
Ash
Модератор

Registered Rock 'nRolla

« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2010, 12:56:08 »

How are the things going? What amounts do the texts have?

Если хочешь, чтобы что-то было сделано хорошо - сделай сам.
If you want something to be done well - do it yourself.
Dude101
Пользователь

« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2010, 15:26:17 »

I put Killap in touch with 3 guys.  I am not sure if they are actually doing anything though (unlikely), as Killap is managing the translation.   I would suggest a couple of other guys step up and help out.

RusTranslator
« Reply #10 on: 06 February 2010, 15:30:50 »

Hey dude, you forgot about me. No one got in touch with me regarding those translations you need. I could have translated some texts, but I'm currently busy working on other translation projects.
MagnatUA
Пользователь

« Reply #11 on: 17 January 2011, 12:14:18 »

Hi, guys! English is not my native, so don’t judge strictly.

I need help in translation to Russian.

As you probably know, in 2006 an official localization of F2 was made by some company named “1C”.  I spent all the last weekend experimenting with game files, and here are my thoughts. In Russian version all (not sure about all, but at least their major part) *.MSG files are encoded in CP1251 or CP866 and English *.EXE file doesn’t read them properly. On the other hand, Russian *.EXE  file is not supported by SFall. So I see two variants: either modification of English *.EXE can be made (if there are any sources), or SFall (but I’m not sure it’ll help).

That was one problem. Another one is that half of the texts are already translated. All I need is a small tool that will do actions like these:
1.   Read two files dir11/file11.msg (English) and dir22/file22.msg (Russian). Files have the same name.
2.   Search in the file11 a first string with some number (ignoring comments) and search in the second one a string with the same number.
3.   If a coincidence is found, skip the string. If not, paste in file22 a string from file11 and write this string to a file22.LOG.

This pretty simple utility will help much to make the game look like original “1C” translation + Killap’s RP in English. Having this, we could move forward.

Now I have RP installed on the “1C” Fallout 2 v.1.2. It works, but I’m not sure, does it work correctly. For example, I have some issues with automaps – in Arroyo there is a superfluous one named ‘Desert’ and there are no maps in a Primitive tribe and in Abbey. Also I didn’t succeed in finding EPA on the world map.

Let’s discuss.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2011, 20:18:03 by MagnatUA »
Master
Пользователь

Чистосердечный зевака

« Reply #12 on: 17 January 2011, 13:13:56 »

90% translated data\text\english\game directory
http://rghost.ru/3680202

Link:
http://fforum.kochegarov.com/index.php?showtopic=24231&st=60

Translator - Master  Улыбка

Dialogues will occupy the sea of time, which I have no. I'm finish game directory, remained files - maybe, I help with Abbey...

Bugs...? Dammit Gus! I`m a dessert chef, not a programmer!
MagnatUA
Пользователь

« Reply #13 on: 18 January 2011, 17:28:31 »

Hi! I’ve got good news!

A new Google.code project for Russian translation of “Killap’s Fallout 2 Restoration Project v.2x.x” was started here Fallout 2 Restoration Project RU. All you need to help it with the translation is to download any Subversion client (for example Tortoise SVN), checkout a repository using it, contact me and get a committer’s role. That’s all! Now you can really help!

There are many advantages in such a system of collaboration. You can learn them by yourself from Google or Wikipedia. The main one is that you always may have a current version of the translation. No duplicate work! No waste of time!  The goal now may be reachable! :)

And still we need a programmer to make that utility I described above.

Please, feel free to join us!
« Last Edit: 18 January 2011, 19:34:02 by MagnatUA »
Master
Пользователь

Чистосердечный зевака

« Reply #14 on: 18 January 2011, 17:44:37 »

Link is...empty. Улыбка
How much and that already translated?
You have people for translation?

Bugs...? Dammit Gus! I`m a dessert chef, not a programmer!
Pages: [1] 2 |   Go Up